Tuesday, September 18, 2012

think pink...



Well, I gave it my best shot but Melissa Etheridge will not be my October interview. I guess you only get one interview per celebrity in your lifetime and I already had mine with her in 1980-something when I was a budding young journalist in LA and she was an up and coming singer songwriter who had just released her first record. My thanks to her management for at least putting up with my annoying phone calls and emails. It's hard to get me to take no for an answer once I think I've got a good idea.


As we are preparing for our second annual Pink Fest! 2012 here at Cypress Creek Cafe, I still can't believe it's been almost a year since our maiden voyage. We learned a lot from that first event. We learned that you can't compete with a gun raffle, you can't charge a ticket fee and I learned personally, that I can't do an entire day in heels.

This year, we are so incredibly lucky to have the following people, places and things sponsor this event so that we are able to make it free to the public. Many, many thanks to



All of the money raised from donations and the silent auction will stay in Hays County via our sponsorship with CTMC, and will be distributed to Pink Heals and Community Action to provide breast cancer screening and treatment to women in Hay's County. This is huge for us and while we are grateful to Komen for participating in our event last year, we felt we wanted to focus on our communities, our county and our citizens. I suppose it does take a village....

Pink Fest! 

Saturday, October 6

Gates at noon; live music at 1:00


Van Wilks will close out the night in the Buzzard Bar beginning at 9:00 pm

Please come out and support this great cause, help us create awareness about the importance of yearly mammograms. Talk to some amazing women who have survived and continue to fight for a cure. Be a part of this very special day.


Thanks to EVERYONE who helps make this event happen!

Temple Ray
Cypress Creek Cafe







                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment